Brussel Sprouts are some of my favorite greens to eat. I know its people's worst enemy, but there is something about brussel sprouts that I enjoy. Maybe its the bitterness and the challenge to make it something delightful, but I've found a wicked love for them over the past few months.
Brussel Sprout chips are so easy to make, they can be a little tedious in the beginning, but after making them frequently they become easier.
- Brussel Sprouts
- Coconut Oil Spray
- Sea Salt
- Lemon Zest (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Remove the leaves of the brussel sprouts. I normally cut the brussel sprouts in halves or quarters. As the leaves start to peel itself off from them I start to pull them apart. I leave the larger parts of the brussel sprouts to roast them in the oven in the same manner in a separate pan. Doing this makes the prep much faster than peeling all the leaves off the sprout completely.
3. Put all the leaves onto a baking sheet making sure that there are none on top of one another.
4. Spray with coconut oil spray, sprinkle with sea salt to taste, and cook for 8-10 minutes
5. Sprinkle lemon zest on top of cooked chips and serve. Enjoy!