Recently, I’ve been propelled into a new life and new journey as a health and well-being coach. I’m thrilled and excited, but there are times when self doubt has crept in and this is when I need to dress myself in self-love (to feel good on the inside), and great activewear (to look good on the outside) the most.
Self-love seems to be a really popular term these days especially when it comes to social media. #Selflove and #SelfCare seems to be the number one thing, besides balance in life, that people are striving to find these days. According to the dictionary, self love is regard to one’s own well-being and happiness. Sometimes, it’s confused with being narcissistic or loving yourself above all else without the regard for others.
I believe that self-love is one of the most important things we can practice and its often the one that is most neglected. We all deserved to be loved, not only by others around you, but most importantly — YOU.
Here are my top 10 ways to dress yourself in love.
- Encourage yourself like you encourage others. You deserve the same cheerleader attitude you give to your friend when she’s feeling down, so don’t forget to bring on the pompoms for you too.
- Celebrate your big and small victories. Often times we cheer ourselves on only when we’ve accomplished a huge goal. It’s important to also take the time to recognize the small victories we champion each and every day.
- Place boundaries in your life so that you can fill yourself with things and people that give you positive energy. This starts off by saying “no” to the things that don’t.
- Take 10 minutes out of your day to meditate. Practice mindfulness and deep breathing. It’s incredible what deep breaths can do for the mind. Try it and embrace the clarity.
- Let go of the things you cannot control. This can be difficult and will probably require the help from loved ones, but learning to let go of the past or current situations that you have no control over will be one of the most rewarding things you can do for yourself.
- Give up the approval from others and social media. We’ve become so driven by notifications, likes, and engagements from strangers and even our loved ones that it becomes hard to tap into our own self-acceptance. If you’re not sure how to do this look at tip 5.
- Realize that you have the power to define beauty. Don’t allow media to tell you that the body your soul is carried in isn’t perfect or beautiful. Because baby. you already are.
- Celebrate humanness. You cannot make everyone happy every single moment of the day and every single time and that’s OK. We make mistakes. We’re all human, and we’re designed to feel all sorts of emotions good and bad. Embrace it.
- Find that special place that reenergizes your heart, soul, and passions and try your best to travel there often. You can even travel there in your mind when you close your eyes and hear, see, and feel all the ways this place brings you joy. Even if it’s in the corner of your house while your kids are screaming in the background.
- Don’t take life too seriously, have fun! We forget that fun is fundamental to our self-development and growth. We need to take moments to live and tap into that wild woman side that breathes life into our fires.
Everything that we do in our lives adds or subtracts to the positive energy called love that we have flowing within us.
This is true for the food we eat, the relationships and experiences that we allow in our loves, and even the clothing that we wear. Think about it, there are certain pieces of clothing that you dress yourself in that gives you that extra boost of energy or motivation that you need for that workout.
An element that I’m drawn to is the ocean and water. Water helps wash away negative energy and something about it fills me up with love. The Studio Hatha Leggings in ocean print is the perfect reminder of my love for the ocean and since I’m always on the go, the High Impact Bra in black makes the perfect combo. Layered with the Mat to Meeting Jacket, the outfit is everything I need to go from my workout to a day out.
The High Impact Bra and Power Train Pocket Legging in the poseidon print is one of my favorite looks for the fall season. I’m normally in black, white, and grey, but there’s something about this indigo blue that has me feeling wholesome. There’s a feeling of power and fearlessness that overcomes me when I’m wearing this shade of blue. Plus, pockets on leggings. I love pockets!
Join me and let's talk about dressing yourself in self love and new activewear!
I’m so excited to be celebrating lucy activewear’s anniversary, October 22nd - 23rd. We’re kicking it off with 30% off both in store and online. Make sure to stay tuned for all the flash sales, giveaways, and deals all weekend long.
If you’re in the Bay Area I’ll be at the lucy store in Burlingame between 2:30 - 4:30PM helping you pick out your new fall wardrobe.Join me and let’s connect about health and wellness, body positivity, and all the ways you can dress yourself in self love and new activewear. Click here to RSVP to the FREE event.