Overnight oats and chia seed puddings are some of my most favorite breakfasts or afternoon snacks to have prepped and ready to go. They are quick, easy, and full of dietary fiber and goodness!
Rather than having chia seed pudding for breakfast, I like eating them in the afternoon as it helps with the sugar cravings that typically begin to come in the later part of the evening when I often find myself stalking the pantry for something sweet to indulge in.
One thing I love with chia seed puddings is just like oats you can make it as simple or as complex as you like. Personally, I like to keep it pretty simple and choose fruits that are readily available to me. Here's my go to chia seed pudding that literally takes less than 10 minutes to prep and 5 minutes to eat.
Raspberry and Mango Chia Seed Pudding
- 1/4 cup of chia seeds
- 3/4 cup of almond milk or light coconut milk
- 1 tbsp of honey
- orange zest
- 1/4 cup of cubed mango
- 6 raspberries to garnish (optional)
- Cube half a mango which is approximately 1/4 cup
- Pour all the ingredients into a mason jar or sealed container
- Shake the ingredients to give it a nice mix.
- Let sit for a few hours or overnight
- Wake up and put some raspberries into jar and ENJOY!
I love chia puddings, but they are high in carb so depending on how you're fueling yourself towards your fitness goals it's a dish I wouldn't consume for myself more than once or twice a week. A meal like this is perfect on your high carb days since its still pretty light on the taste buds and something that can fill you up due to all the fiber in the chia seeds.
What are your favorite overnight recipes?