Finding motivation to stay on track with your fitness goals is hard for everyone even for myself. So along with one of my best friends I’ve decided to commit to "one perfect week" this week just to see if I can realign my dedication and focus. Now before you go on saying WTF about me calling this "one perfect week”, let me first start off by saying I was inspired by another IGer (@getfitbrooklyn) who started this as a commitment to rededicate herself to her goals. Which is what I am doing here today. I AM NOT PERFECT, I'M HUMAN. But I do know what it's like to put 100% into my efforts and give it all I've got.
Often times with our fitness goals we are discouraged by the lack of progress that we see. But when we break down to see the causes of it we can determine what’s really happening. Although there are some factors in life we can’t control such as illness, injury, or an overloaded work schedule there are definitely things we can control in order to accomplish our fitness goals. For me this is trying my best to stick to my nutrition and workout plans that I’ve dedicated myself to do.
So here it goes! This week I’m dedicating myself to #oneperfectweek which for me means the following:
- do all my workouts for the week and try to add one more if possible. My workout schedule consists of 4 strength training days, 2 cardio days, and one full rest day from my coach. And will try to add week 13 of BBG throughout it as cardio.
- doing my yoga practice nightly even if it's just 20 minutes before bed
- No cheating to my nutrition plan except for the 1 scheduled refeed meal
- drink at least a gallon of water a day
- no alcohol #byebyewine
- taking all my supplements and vitamins
- most importantly: NO negative body image talk This last one is big for me. When I find my self beginning to fall down the rabbit hole of comparing I start to look at my own progress and become insecure. NONE OF THAT THIS WEEK! I gotta realign my whole body, mind and spirit!
- Give myself more grace and each day write down one great thing about my efforts!
If you’re ready to go along the same commitment I’d love to hear! Follow me through my #oneperfectweek on Instagram!