You've heard it before, your skin is reflection of your health. When blemishes or zits appear its typically a sign of stress, hormonal imbalance, or a sign of poor nutrition choices. Other elements that can cause a funky little skin breakout are environmental or genetics.
Skin mapping is a technique originally used in Traditional Chinese Medicine. It's the idea that the face is a mirror of your health where certain zones correlate to specific organs that can reveal a particular health condition or ailment.
1. Forehead - might mean gallbladder or liver. Excessive fat or processed food consumption may cause breakouts in this area. So can alcohol. So to balance this out, minimize your rich food intake and alcohol consumption.
2. Between the Eyebrows is said to be connected to your stomach and liver. The area between your eye also is where deep rooted anxiety can cause a block in your energy. Poor digestion or toxic build up can lead to imperfections in this area.
3. Temples and brow line correlate to the kidneys. Most common issues are dehydration or overworked kidneys. Drink more water and superfoods like kale, spinach, and berries to your diet.
4. Under the eyes correlate to the condition of the kidney, stomach, and liver. Puffiness or dark circles can be reduced by reducing alcohol, caffeine, and sugar from your diet. Detoxifying tea and adequate sleep are helpful too.
5. Bridge of the nose and upper area of cheeks is said to be connected to your heart. Rosacea commonly appear in this area. Swapping out saturated fats with healthy fats like omegas and fatty acids can help reduce your cholesterol.
6. Cheeks are the windows to your stomach and lungs. Some say that discoloration in the cheeks can be signs of poor metabolism. Think about how red your cheeks get during an intense workout as your breathing hard. Make sure to practice breathing exercises that get the most air into your lungs and out as you exert force and energy.
7. The lower cheeks and nose are connected to your liver and stomach. Breakouts or excessive wrinkles in this area can be caused by food intolerances and toxic build up.
8. Like most of the facial areas, the mouth is also connected to the stomach. If you're getting breakouts here one thing to consider is any food sensitivities that you might be having.
9. The Jawline...a place where breakouts for me often happen and its due to stress. Make sure to get some much needed rest and sleep during these times of high stress and to try to maintain a balanced diet of lean protein, fruits, vegetables, healthy fats, and whole grains.
Does any of this resonate with any of the things you've been experiencing lately? Would love to hear from you, comment below.