It's Monday and no one wants to slave in the kitchen after a long day of work. Yesterday my husband made the most delicious Soba Noodle bowl. It's so refreshing on a warm summer evening and it takes less than 30 minutes to make.
- 2 bundles of soba noodles I like to use the Hakubaku Organic Soba Noodles (we keep this variety pack stocked at home)
- 1 Cup Purple Cabbage – thinly sliced
- 2 large Carrots – julienned (about ¾ cup)
- 1 small Roasted Red Bell Pepper – julienned*
- ½ Cup Scallions , white and green parts – thinly sliced
- 1 Jalapeno – seeded & minced
- 1 Cup Edamame - shelled
- 3 TBS Fresh Cilantro – roughly chopped
- 1/3 Cup Peanuts
- 3 TBS Toasted Sesame Seeds
• Ginger-Tahini Dressing:
- 2 TBS Tahini
- 2TBS of sriracha
- 1 inch Fresh Ginger – peeled and sliced
- 1 clove Garlic - minced
- 1 TBS Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1 TBS Lime Juice
- 3 TBS Reduced Sodium Soy Sauce
- ½ tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 3 TBS Agave Nectar
- 1 TBS Sesame Oil
- 1 TBS Olive Oil
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- Pepper , to taste
Optional Serving Suggestion:
- 2 Cups cooked chicken breast
- Lime Wedges , for garnish
How to Make:
- Prepare soba noodles according to package directions. When finished, transfer noodles to an ice bath to stop cooking. Drain well and set aside.
- Prepare the Dressing: Add all ingredients to a bowl. Whisk until smooth and combined. Taste and adjust for seasoning (add more sriracha for extra heat)
- For the Salad: In a large bowl mix together all the salad ingredients except for the peanuts and sesame seeds. Add in the cooked and drained soba noodles. Mix to combine. Add in 4 tablespoons of the dressing and toss to combine. For heavier dressed noodles, add in more dressing, 1 tablespoon at a time, tossing to combine.
- To Serve: Divide salad between serving plates and garnish with peanuts and sesame seeds. Optional - Top with chicken and serve with lime wedges. Serve extra dressing on the side.