I picked up an Instant Pot because everyone was raving about it and it wasn't until last night when I was pressed for time, all our proteins were frozen, everyone was tired of leftovers and had nothing planned for dinner for the fam when I realized how much of "must have" it was for our home.
I love making salsa chicken in a crockpot. I did it all the time when I was on competition prep, so I decided to try it in an Instant Pot except my chicken was frozen and I didn't have 8-10 hours before dinnertime, I had less than an hour.
WARNING: You might just be blown away by how easy this is to make.
30 minute Quick and Easy Simple Instant Pot Chicken
- 2 frozen chicken breats (approx 1lb)
- 1 8oz container of fresh salsa of your choice
- 2 tbs of chili & garlic powder from Brandless
- salt and pepper to taste
Optional ingredients (these two things were thrown into the Instant Pot because they were leftovers from another meal so I figured why not repurpose it)
- 1 cup of corn
- 1 cup of black beans
- Put all the ingredients into the Instant Pot.
- Turn Instant pot on to pressure cook setting.
- Cook for 25 minutes.
- Shred the chicken in the pot with two forks (or not)
- Serve with whatever fixings you prefer.
HERE ARE SOME TIPS AND TRICKS FOR COOKING FROZEN CHICKEN BREASTS IN THE INSTANT POT:
- The exact cook time will depend on how large the chicken breasts are, although for me 20-30 minutes for two chicken breasts. This means that when I open up the pot they are well over the safe 165 degrees F. But I’d rather be safe than have to go through the hassle of sealing it back up and letting it build the pressure back up.
- If you’re in a rush, you can simply add water or chicken broth, my favorite is Bonafide Provisions and season with salt and pepper and lemon juice from my yard.
- All of my Instant Pot recipes are tested in the 6 quart Instant Pot 7 in 1. The bluetooth is an unnecessary but handy tool because I can control the pot from my phone while I’m out of the kitchen.