I was lucky enough to be able to experience some of the wellness offerings at Hilton Aruba, one of the 10 hotel resorts that Hilton has to offer in the Caribbean. It was my first visit to Aruba and although I didn’t have much time to plan for this trip there were plenty of things to do on the hotel property and in the surrounding area that gave me a chance to explore and fulfill all the areas of my personal wellness journey that’s important to me.
I've had the best time trying a bunch of brand new beauty and skincare products these past few months and I think I've managed to narrow it down to my current must-haves and favorites. Before I get to the nitty gritty just know at the end of this post is a special giveaway so make sure to read it all the way to the end! Funny enough, lately the most asked question I get on Instagram stories when I'm just chatting along happen to be the following:
Do you remember a time when opinions of others didn’t matter? Hmmm...what was that answer?
The older I get the less time I seem to have, and when I do find the time I really feel the necessity to invest in taking care of myself by slowing down and hitting the pause button. It’s so easy to fall into the trap, get caught up with what other people are doing, and how they’re living their life. Sadly, what screws us up the most in our life is this picture in our head of how it’s supposed to be.
One day it just clicks… you realize what’s important and what isn’t. You learn to care less about what other people think of you and more about what you think of yourself. You realize how far you’ve come and you remember when you thought things were such a mess that you would never recover. And you SMILE. You smile because you are truly proud of yourself and the person you’ve fought to become.
Anxiety happens when we worry about the future, planning for it, and trying to predict it, as if figuring it out now will cushion the blow. The thing is the future is always changing and will always be a place of uncertainty and fear. But the future can also be the home of our wildest dreams and hopes. Don’t hold yourself back because of something you cannot control, instead adapt. The quicker you can learn to adapt and redirect time and energy the easier it become to get things things you value in life accomplished. Looking back at the past only causes us to ruminate over things we cannot change. Give yourself grace. Failures are an opportunity for us to reflect on what we did and how we failed, so we can change the mindset and path in the present moment.
A lot of my self reflection happens in those few moments I get to pause, while I’m home lounging around in comfy clothes like this new lounge wear from Third Love. It’s when I can strip off any of the fictitious labels that workout clothes puts on me as a fitness blogger or influencer and I can just think for myself. It’s funny how clothing can do that to a person, but it does. We often say “here are my regular people clothes” when referring to items that are not exercise gear so I guess I’ll label my lounge wear as “my pausing from life” clothes.
Third Love recently launched loungewear which is awesome because there are days where I just don’t want to be in workout clothing and silky PJs is just a little extra. It’s made with seamless bamboo, which means no itchy seams and naturally antimicrobial to keep you dry and cool.
ThirdLove is an internet based company who utilizes tech in order to help you find the perfect bra fit from the comfort of your own home. They even offer bras with half-sized cups which is incredible because I feel like I’m one of the 50% of women who fall between standard cup sizes. To start, you can take the Fit Finder Quiz.
ThirdLove let’s you Try Before You Buy (choosing from one of their best selling bras: 24/7 Classic T-Shirt bra, 24/7 Classic Full Coverage bra or 24/7 Push Up bra) or my personal favorite the Longline Lace Balconette Bra. You just pay for shipping and try it out (even wash it) for 30 days. If you like it, you keep it and if you don’t like it, you can return it and the bra is donated to both local San Francisco charities and women’s charities through their Bras for All program where they’ve given over $1 million worth of bras to women in need since 2013.
Thanks to ThirdLove, a brand I love and trust, for sponsoring this post. Partnerships like this make GOFITJO possible.
Shop my favorite things from Third Love:
Summer is here and its that time of the year where we honor the right to bear arms and legs! That’s why its key to have products that will keep your skin soft and smooth all season. Your skin goes through a lot especially during the summer months between excessive sun exposure and sweat.
Here are 6 of my summer body care must haves that I swear by for summer!
You've heard it before, your skin is reflection of your health. When blemishes or zits appear its typically a sign of stress, hormonal imbalance, or a sign of poor nutrition choices. Other elements that can cause a funky little skin breakout are environmental or genetics.
Skin mapping is a technique originally used in Traditional Chinese Medicine. It's the idea that the face is a mirror of your health where certain zones correlate to specific organs that can reveal a particular health condition or ailment.
1. Forehead - might mean gallbladder or liver. Excessive fat or processed food consumption may cause breakouts in this area. So can alcohol. So to balance this out, minimize your rich food intake and alcohol consumption.
2. Between the Eyebrows is said to be connected to your stomach and liver. The area between your eye also is where deep rooted anxiety can cause a block in your energy. Poor digestion or toxic build up can lead to imperfections in this area.
3. Temples and brow line correlate to the kidneys. Most common issues are dehydration or overworked kidneys. Drink more water and superfoods like kale, spinach, and berries to your diet.
4. Under the eyes correlate to the condition of the kidney, stomach, and liver. Puffiness or dark circles can be reduced by reducing alcohol, caffeine, and sugar from your diet. Detoxifying tea and adequate sleep are helpful too.
5. Bridge of the nose and upper area of cheeks is said to be connected to your heart. Rosacea commonly appear in this area. Swapping out saturated fats with healthy fats like omegas and fatty acids can help reduce your cholesterol.
6. Cheeks are the windows to your stomach and lungs. Some say that discoloration in the cheeks can be signs of poor metabolism. Think about how red your cheeks get during an intense workout as your breathing hard. Make sure to practice breathing exercises that get the most air into your lungs and out as you exert force and energy.
7. The lower cheeks and nose are connected to your liver and stomach. Breakouts or excessive wrinkles in this area can be caused by food intolerances and toxic build up.
8. Like most of the facial areas, the mouth is also connected to the stomach. If you're getting breakouts here one thing to consider is any food sensitivities that you might be having.
9. The Jawline...a place where breakouts for me often happen and its due to stress. Make sure to get some much needed rest and sleep during these times of high stress and to try to maintain a balanced diet of lean protein, fruits, vegetables, healthy fats, and whole grains.
Does any of this resonate with any of the things you've been experiencing lately? Would love to hear from you, comment below.